Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Am Calling for it NOW!!!

Pretty much since the day Granderson stepped foot on the Comerica Park Field I have said that he is not a leadoff hitter. He just isn't exactly what you want from the leadoff position. He is a gap to gap hitter, and seems to be turning into a possible 30+ HR guy. Granderson needs to move down in the lineup, for a few years it was understandable why he was at the top. We didn't have anyone to move up to the 1 spot. Now we do, and it would be a move that helped the team in a variety of ways. How about this lineup.

1. Anderson LF
2. Polanco 2b
3. Granderson CF
4. Cabrera 1b
5. Ordonez RF
6. Guillen DH
7. Inge 3b
8. Laird C
9. Everett/Santiago SS

To me this balances the lineup better, and it moves speed to the top of the lineup. Now when opposing pitchers are facing the likes of Granderson, Cabrera, Ordonez they will also have to think about the fact that Anderson is on base and might steal on them.

I am not here telling you that Anderson is the next Ricky Henderson, definitely not, this is more based on the fact that I believe that moving Granderson down and letting him knock some more runs in would really benefit this team.

Anyways, I highly doubt Jim will even think of this, but he should.

*Anderson hasn't helped my cause in the past few days with his less than stellar play in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment